life in a small town

About Me

life in a small town: simple, sweet and southern-just the way we like it!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 27, 2012

{This and That}

My sweet, sweet little baby girl is growing up and coming out of her shell right before my eyes.  Today she did something I never thought she'd do, and it made my heart so happy.  She went to Aunt Tina's house.  I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes and saying, "Oh, that is SUCH a HUGE deal..."
 
A little background on this monumental event.  Tina is my boss and is practically family.  Tina is the aunt to Kaylee, who is AK's age, her brother Troy, the twins, David and Braxton, all in 1st grade, and THEIR sister, Alexis who's in 9th grade.  Bear with me, I like for everyone to be introduced.  Also, please note that Ava Kate would cry and turn away every time Tina would look in her direction.  Tina has been very patient and hasn't taken any offense to Ava Kate's cold shoulder.   
 
Ava Kate has slowly but surely been coming around to her Aunt Tina in the last month or so.  Today Tina and Alexis came to pick up Kaylee and the boys, and Ava Kate just ran up to Alexis and hugged her around her legs like she's known her forever (I think today was the first day they've really been around each other).  We got everyone packed up, ready to go and walked them to the door.  Then, Ava Kate starts fussing after them, so Tina asks her if she wants to go to her house and play with Kaylee.  She nods her head and reaches out for Alexis (!!!!).  They all head to the van.  Now, AK has done this a few times, then realizes I'm not there and starts crying, so they come back.  Not today.  Not only do they get IN the van, they DRIVE OFF.  I'm at the door of the nursery with my chin on the floor.  Surely Tina's going to turn around and bring her back crying and screaming.  NO!  They keep driving down to her house.  Tina did say she had to run to the high school to pick up Lane (her not so baby boy) and Alexis would keep Ava Kate and Kaylee at her house til she got back.  I picked my chin up and was thinking Oh.  My.  Word.  This is going to be a disaster. 
 
A few minutes pass and my phone rings.  Here it is.  Tina's bringing her back crying.  NO!!  She tells me Ava Kate and Kaylee are playing fine, happy as clams.  NO TEARS!  I'm am so happy I could do a little dance around the daycare.  The next hour til close passes without another phone call.  Ok, ok, ok.  I maybe asked Will (Tina's oldest son who was working with me) to call and check on things.  All is well!  I get our things together and head down to Tina's house and find her on the floor next to Tina reading books. 
 
It certainly puts my mind and heart to ease knowing that my little girl is with people who love her and who she (FINALLY) loves too. 
 
And, as if this day couldn't get any better, we had the MOST delicious supper ever.  Portobella mushroom pizzas.  As in, portobella mushrooms instead of pizza crust.  I may be using the term 'we enjoyed it' loosely.  Chad said it was good but the real thing is better.  Humph.  Here's the recipe I followed.  I used sausage, and no olives, but I'm sure you can use whatever pizza toppings you like.  I made two using spaghetti sauce and two using pesto sause.  Pesto > spaghetti.  I also added Parmesan cheese.  Yummm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment