life in a small town

About Me

life in a small town: simple, sweet and southern-just the way we like it!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 24, 2012

{Third Time's a Charm?}

Sheesh.  My last post was in October of last year, and here it is already August.  I hope I can get this ol' blog going one more time. 
 
We've had some pretty big changes in the Weaver household.  The first being we moved, and the second being we have a TODDLER.  The third being we survived a move with a toddler?  Chad and I were beyond blessed to be given the opportunity to live on the beautiful Lake Murray.  In June, we packed up 1010 Main Street headed to Chapin to call this our home:
 
 
Even though we parted with the address, I just can't part with the blog name.
 
And on to the reason I don't have time to blog I started blogging in the first place!  Ava Kate is officially a toddler.  I was looking at my last post and trying to remember her being that small!  And still!  Gone are the days of perching her on hay bales.  I spent the first year of her life teaching her to walk and talk, and now I'll be spending the next 17 teaching her to sit still and be quiet!  She is almost 18 months old now, which I think is a hilarious age.  I'm probably a little biased in saying this, but she's the cutest thing in the world. 
 
 
She takes in everything she sees.  We maybe made the mistake of letting her watch the Olympics.  Between the swimming, diving and gymnastics, she's learned some pretty fancy moves.  We see a lot of this:
 
 
Another fancy move - jumping off of things.  If you hear "Twooo, BUMP!" (translate: one, two, three JUMP) you better dive and catch her.  She got her very first black eye from not sticking one of her landings. 
 
 
Judging from this picture, it knocked her a little cray cray.  She also does floor routines where she runs back and forth, stops, dances a little jig, bends over to touch the floor and sticks one of her legs in the air.  Seriously, all of this from the Olympics.  She does do quieter activities, like read.  She loves to read, especially about animals.  We always have a thousand books strewn out across the house, but she's looked at all of them. 
 
I'll leave you with this, just because it cracks me up...get it?  Snort.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment